AVFRD is seeking an experienced professional with a background in nonprofit organization management to coordinate the administrative and financial aspects of the agency. The successful candidate will have extensive experience working with nonprofit organizations aiding with navigating the interactions between nonprofit organizations and local key stakeholders, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and retention, and strategic planning. The Executive Director position reports to the President of the Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business administration, records management, program management, policy development and reporting
- Gather facts, analyze and present reports, data and trends on a variety of business functions in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate required financial statements, collate and secure financial reporting material.
- Assist the Treasurer as directed with financial management, financial controls, data analytics and audit support.
- Establish partnerships in the LC-CFRS, County Government and other NGOs to drive collaboration, new program opportunities, and growth of the volunteer system in Loudoun County.
- Effectively communicate and present critical administrative matters to the President and Board of Directors.
- Assure compliance with all local, state and Federal financial reporting, record keeping, and transparency requirements AVFRD.
- Update program materials, systems and processes and make recommendations to the President and Board of Directors.
- Assess financial, recruitment/retention, and legal impact of LC-CFRS policies, procedures, and orders issued by Loudoun County.
- Monitor and review changes, updates and trends in applicable reporting requirements, local, state and Federal laws and as they pertain to the Department.
- Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations including other LC-CFRS volunteer companies, neighboring NGOs, the County Government and LC-CFRS officials.
- Ensure timely responses on financial data, records, information requests, funding questions, and compliance reporting to the AVFRD, County and/or State
- Attend monthly AVFRD Board of Directors and Membership meetings
- Attend monthly Loudoun County Board of Supervisors meetings
- Work with membership committee to develop and implement a sustainable volunteer recruitment and retention plan
- Public relations, marketing, publicity, and social media management
- Assist with development and submission of grant proposals
- Works with volunteer committees to develop and implement fundraising programs and donor development
- Other strategic priorities of the department as assigned by the AVFRD President and Board of Directors.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, management, personnel management, finance or related field. At least four (4) years of overall professional experience in program and policy management, finance, business administration, or related fields. Possession of a Master’s degree or higher in a related financial, business administration, management, program development or related field is desirable and may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Experience, knowledge and abilities in financial oversight, high-level management, reporting, record keeping, policy and program development.
- Experience with empowering volunteers to drive successful programs in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to translate financial concepts and effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Experience networking with organizations in business and community.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be willing to travel regularly throughout Loudoun County.
- Be willing to work a varied schedule to accommodate volunteer availability and shift schedules.
Additional Desired/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience and knowledge in the volunteer fire-rescue service.
- Knowledge and experience in applicable State laws, County laws, policies and procedures for non-profits and fire/rescue/EMS organizations.
- Experience and proven record working with elected officials at local, state and Federal levels.
- Experience in document layout and design, online records management, and/or willingness to learn.
- Media relations experience.
This position is based on a 40-hour work week, but may require some nights, weekends and holidays based on the needs of the AVFRD, and will be agreed upon by the Board of Directors of the AVFRD and selected candidate. The schedule can be flexible, but must coincide with the needs of the AVFRD. Worksite is located at 20688 Ashburn Road, Ashburn, VA 20147.
The Selection Process:
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three references (two professional and one personal) to President Joshua Townsend via email to email@example.com with the subject line: Executive Director. Email is preferred, but a hard copy may be mailed/dropped off at the AVFRD office, to the attention of President Joshua Townsend, 20688 Ashburn Road, Ashburn, VA 20147.
The deadline for completed submission is September 4, 2020 – 5:00 PM.
The Board of Directors reserves the right to accept or reject any submission based on the meeting of basic qualifications and desired/preferred qualifications.