Services we provide:
AVFRD is happy to do what we can to help out with public education and operational standby events in the Ashburn area (Broadlands, Ashburn, and Lansdowne). Our participation is dependent on our volunteers’ availabilities, other events that may be scheduled, the overall scope of the event, and may be dependent on emergency calls if we are coordinating with on-duty personnel and apparatus. Please understand that while we would love to do absolutely everything, we may not be able to participate in your event. Please understand that due to the lingering after-effects of COVID restrictions, we request at least a month’s notice for public service and standby events.
We can help with the following in the Ashburn area:
- 5k/10k race standby events
- General events with large gatherings (festivals, block parties, etc).
- Scout pack meeting visits
- School and after-school visits
For any of the above, please fill out the Community Request Form below. If you are unsure if your event is any of the above, feel free to fill out the form.
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer station tours on an individual basis. We encourage individuals and families to meet us at our public events, including our Open Houses. You can keep up to date with our events on Facebook, Instagram, and our website.
If you are an organized school or camp group and would like to request a possible field trip to the fire station, please fill out the Community Request Form below so we can start to process your request.
What to expect after filling out the form:
- One of our members will get back to you. Please be on the lookout for an email from Zendesk.
- We will verify that we can handle your event and work to confirm a time that works for both you and us. We appreciate your flexibility.
- Next, we’ll work with our membership to secure coverage for your event. We will confirm with you when we have coverage, or let you know if we are unable to cover your event.
If you are a representative from another LCCFRS department and would like to contact us to help support an event you’re organizing, please contact us here.